Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Made it Monday!

I am finally linking back up with 4th Grade Folics for Made it Monday!

Today I have two things to share. One from school and one from home and school.

(Sorry, not a great shot of the number line!)
For the past few years, I have loved Teachers Pay Teachers. I love the products and I love the idea of helping out fellow teachers. I have always wondered how they super creative people make all these wonderful things. Well, this summer I was introduced to creating items in Powerpoint and have went crazy redoing almost everything in my room. I have had the same  "stuff" hanging on my walls for 10 years and decided it was time for a change. I also love frogs (if you can't tell from my classroom pictures), polka dots, and chevron. On thing I have searched for on many different sites is a class numbers set. I love the set I had but the numbers where very small and it was very hard for the kids to use. Also, I wanted the numbers depicted on a ten frame since we do so much work involving 10 frames. I was inspired by a lot of different sets of numbers but nothing was exactly what I wanted. Enter powerpoint, new fonts and digital papers! I must say I am very proud of my numbers. To make them a little bigger than an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper, I printed them 4 slides per page and then printed them out on a poster maker. Luckily our county has a great poster maker and I didn't have to pay to print them. If you are interested, you can get them here!

 Don't judge the "buy me beige" walls - I am trying to pick paint colors as we speak!
My second share for today I made for home and then had leftovers and brought them to school. I have a wonderful mother-in-law and "aunt-in-law". They know I LOVE crafts and will use anything to make something. This summer the Mr. and I went home and they loaded me up with a little of this and a little of that. Baskets, fabric, ribbon, and more! With all these new craft supplies, my craft closet need a remodel. To make more room I decided to use some of the baskets for ribbon storage, and this is what I came up with. I had two baskets left over and brought them to school as "to file" baskets. These basket where brown so I spray painted them with black paint. For home I used my Cameo Silhouette to cut out the words on sticky back vinyl, I covered the inside with the zebra contact paper that I found at Wal-Mart. I have not cut words for the baskets at school. When I brought them to school I didn't know what I wanted them for and since discovering their use, cannot seem to remember to cut words when I get home!

Needless to say, I need to file quite a bit at the moment. Also, notice the past years Mamma Mia photos on the back wall! 

What nifty things have you been making? Link up and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment!!!
I love love love reading and replying to your comments!